Today when I tried to Open EMS I got the follwoing Error:
New-PSSession : [XXXXXXXX] Connecting to remote server XXXXXXXXXX failed with the following error
message : WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is
accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from
this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within
the same local subnet. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
At line:1 char:1
+ New-PSSession -ConnectionURI “$connectionUri” -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Excha …
+ CategoryInfo : OpenError: (System.Manageme….RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WinRMOperationTimeout,PSSessionOpenFailed
In such error I suggest to do the follwoing :
- Check the hostanme ,DNS reocrd is registerd for the server .
- Check if there is a 3rd party firewall software is installed ,if exist : you need to set exception .I prefer to use windows firewall instead becuase these exceptions are set during exchange installations.
- check IP address ,subnet and AD Site for the server.
- reconfigure WinRM :WinRM quickconfig
- check proxy setting ,make sure that the server URL should bypass proxy .you can use NETSH winhttp show proxy to view effective setting.or even you reset proxy setting NETSH winhttp reset proxy.
for my case today , No. 5 fix the problem 🙂